To help make this Halloween enjoyable and memorable, I would like to share with you some helpful tips & tricks on how to keep you and your family safe this Halloween!
1. Set Ground Rules. If your child demands to do their Trick-or-Treating without you, establish a firm, set route with your child and then go out and follow them around anyway.
2. Make sure you bring enough “adult beverages” to share with other parents and always make sure you pick up your empties.
3. Make sure your child carries a flashlight, glow stick or packet of road flares to remain visible and light their way in the dark.
4. To keep kids from being tempted to dig into their candy before you get home, hold their goodies for them. Tell them,”this way, you’ll have more room in your bag for even more candy.” (believe me, they won’t remember how much they had by the time they get home.) Bon appétit!
5. Remind your child of the dangers of getting into a stranger’s car. If someone stops them and asks for help or offers them candy, tell them to fire two warning shots into the vehicle and then scream like hell as they run away.
6. This is our only holiday that celebrates Demons and Goblins, Monsters and Mayhem, Witchcraft, Ghosts and Hell, so go enjoy yourself! Then pack that slutty —insert profession here— (nurse, maid, special education teacher) costume away until next year!